As well as supporting staff and students at Manchester Metropolitan University as an Assistant Technician, I am currently enjoying a BSc(Hons) Apprenticeship in Digital Technology and Solutions. Since I can remember have always enjoyed being creative. Happily there are times of my current role when I am able to use my artistic talents, such as writing descriptions and newsletters, photographing resources, or designing posters. However the more hands on or administrative parts of the day have their own satisfactions.
My dream job would be to be a full-time writer. I have written audio dramas, short films, and several pantomimes which have been performed by amateur theatre groups around the UK.
For most of my life I have lived around Bolton in Greater Manchester, even though in private I prefer to think of myself as Lancastrian.
If I could have one wish it would be to own a time machine so I could fit in all the projects and pursuits I would like to achieve. At least I can be happy that I am never bored.
- Assistant Technician
- Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care, Manchester Metropolitan University
- 1/1993 - present
- Electronics Technician
- Department of Gas & Chemical Engineering, University of Salford
- 9/1990 - 9/1991
- PCB Assembler
- Unison Electronics Ltd
- 6/1989 - 12/1989
- On a Cold Martian Night (Starburst Magazine #450) 2017 Short story
- Do You Have a License to Save This Planet (BBV) 2001 Comedy Special
- Sontarans: Conduct Unbecoming (BBV) 2000 Audiobook
- Rumplestiltskin (Lazy Bee Scripts) 2015 pantomime
- Treasure Island (with Adrian Barradell) (Lazy Bee Scripts) 2011 pantomime
- Aladdin (with Adrian Barradell) (Lazy Bee Scripts) 2010 pantomime